Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Today...Sucks.

So, of course, today was a nasty, nasty day. Damn you June in Chicago, DAMN YOU!!

It was pouring. LITERALLY. I slipped. LITERALLY.

I had to go to the gym at 5:30 AM to run because I am really trying to get miles in before work-it just works better for me for 2 reasons: 1. I feel less anxiety and worry throughout the day and 2. When summertime Chi finally hits (like it sort of did last week), I will get the runs out of the way before it gets sweltering, so it is better to be on a schedule now. Win-Win.

The gym sucked. It always sucks. X-Sport is a giant, badly-lit, over-crowded and under-maintained super gym. There were a bunch of people there doing super annoying workouts (hello middle-aged lady in an aluminum jacket)..

My run also sucked. It was excruciating to do 3 miles. I had to pause a million times and it took me about a minute longer than yesterday to do .07 less...blah. I know everyone has bad days but I literally left the gym feeling worse than when I got there...and now my knee hurts from my slip in the mud en route to the garage this morning.

Last night I went grocery shopping and stocked up on fruit, veggies and proteins at Whole Food (&Target).
I made a salad for lunch which was composed of spinach, reduced fat feta, 1/4 cup quinoa, 1 whole cucumber diced, and a few mini grape tomatoes all marinated in Fat Free Zesty Italian dressing and one bag of tuna (side note--I HATEEEE canned tuna. I have something with the can/metallic taste it produces. I will only eat it from the pouches they sell, preferably Sunkist).

In addition to my salad, I had a protein pack from Bucky's. I ate a small piece of muesli multi grain bread, 2 apple slices and 5 grapes. It also comes with peanut butter and white cheddar cheese, however, I skipped over that.

For a snack, I had a sugar free jello pudding (choco/vanilla swirl) and a nectarine. I have also had two Venti iced coffees, one black and one with literally a tbsp. of skim milk....one was at 9 am, the other was at 1 pm...hey, how do you stay awake when you get up at 5 am??'

I am supposed to go to yoga with Tricia tonight. I bought a 10-class pack on Monday for $165. It is so worth it and it makes me go more when I purchase them in packages. Tonight, the only class we can make is the 7 pm C1. On Wednesday, that is the last class of the night at our location, which also sucks because it isnb't my favorite but I know I will feel great afterwards so I am going to push on through with visions of Vegas in August in my head :) Wish me luck on all those Chattarungas and reversed warriors...aye yay yay..

No comments:

Post a Comment